4.03.2007

Shakugan No Shana vol. 1


So, I've decided not to post my official review - since "officially" I don't think I own it. Nor do I think Library Journal will come after me but you never know. If you want to read the actual review (thrilling I know) you can check out their Express Reviews on their website.


Anyway, Shakugan No Shana is pretty sad. The artwork is generic and looks computer generated. Now, I'm not totally opposed to this and know that, in fact, most manga/gns go through some computer at some stage - but this was just so canned. A teenager with a copy of Manga Studio could have done it.


The storyline is confusing. And they put everything in quotation marks!!! Boo translators. Part of the problem is that it's a poor adaptation. Apparently, the novel is a big hit. But so was Socretes in Love and the manga of that just sucked balls.


The final verdict - no reason to bother.


The anime looks very cool though....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was a little sad about Gina going, but she wasn't going to win. The Sanjaya thing amazes me. Have you heard all the conspiracy theories about why he is still there or never in the bottom three?