3.23.2007

Mmmm pudding

Man, I love Friday Night Lights! I love it like I love Terrance Howard in a speedo. I love it like I love sleeping on rainy mornings.

This week kicks off with Street getting shot down on the murderball court but scoring big on the luuuvvv court! The tattoo girl takes him to some awesome replica of stonehenge. I want to go there. They talk, they make out. I mean, I saw it coming but it was still good. I am definately not in Camp Lylah. Anyone who has more self awareness while drunk.... (referring to the last episode). Jason later admits to Lylah that he's not sure if he wants to be engaged.

Speaking of Dillon High's resident troubled cheerleader, she's having a rough go of things. All of this would have been easier on her if she weren't such a clueless idiot but let's just think of this as her awakening. First, she yells at Jason that it's not ok to have an affair just because she did. And here's why I love this show - it's just like a high school romantic to call cheating on their "relationship" and "affair". Then, she figures out that Buddy Daddy is a Fuddy Daddy who, um, fuds everything in sight. She gets her revenge by driving through his business windows. Then leaves the evidence right in plain site! At least she made it out with her panties this time;)

Next up is Bangs. Coach is thinking about taking that job offer and Bangs is pissed. Bangs is pretty much me in highschool - how so you ask? Reletively liked by teachers yet not exactly on the straight and narrow, totally into geeky boys despite attempts to look otherwise and constantly irritated at my parents. The gist is that she doesn't want to leave Matt - I mean, who would? He's the best!! In the end, Coach postpones the decision while NBC scrambles to save this awesome show.

Then we have Riggins. Ahhhhh, Riggins. Sweet boozy Riggins who's putting the moves on the mommy next door. I'm really beginning to warm up to this storyline! She pushes him away the first time but then waits and takes him after an all night beer drinking, playing football bond session. Ew? But...hot. In my mind, they do it in the shower so he can get clean.

Smash looks for a way to break up with crazy Waverly. Understandable, especially when you're that age. Actually, you know what - I wouldn't blame you at any age. Dealing with mental health issues is a big deal and no one can do it alone, especially when the loved one is refusing treatment....I'm just saying.

I can't wait until next week.

No comments: